Friday, December 15, 2017

DIY Flower Girl Proposal

One of the reasons I couldn't wait for my baby niece to be born was so I could officially ask her to be our flower girl! I made my own proposal gifts for my bridesmaids, so of course I had to do one for the baby, too. I scrolled through Pinterest over and over, but there were very few ideas for babies and none of them really hit me. Then I started thinking of things babies would actually use, and it came to me... socks! I had seen these sock bouquets around for baby showers, but I thought it would be absolutely perfect to make for a flower girl proposal. The best part? The whole thing cost me less than $20.


Supplies:
  • Baby socks (color of your choice, I chose this pack with different shades of pink)
  • Popsicle sticks
  • Fake flowers
  • Tissue paper
  • Small vase
  • Ribbon
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Marker

Steps:
  1. Make your sock flowers by laying the sock flat, rolling the sock from the toe up, and folding one side of the opening over the rest of the sock. Check out this tutorial for pictures. 
  2. Stick the popsicle into the bottom of the sock (like the stem of the flower). 
  3. Stuff the vase with tissue paper (this helps the popsicle stocks stay in place).
  4. Arrange the sock flowers in the vase.
  5. Fill in any empty spots with fake flowers.
  6. Design your card on a small piece of scrapbook paper, and tie it on with a bow.

4 comments:

  1. This is SUCH a cute idea! What a lucky little flower girl :]

    ​xx katie // a touch of teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet idea for asking your flower girl. I'm sure any sweet little girl would be thrilled to be asked like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know she'll get lots of use out of the frilly socks!

      Delete