Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Nelson 151 Trail

After our visit to Lynchburg, we made our way up the Nelson 151 Trail on the way home. Also known as "Alcohol Alley," the route is knows for its variety of wineries, breweries, and cideries. Oh, and the scenic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains are pretty nice, too ;)

Our first stop was at Hill Top Berry Farm & Winery. They specialized in fruit wines and meads, which is wine made from fermented honey.


After we had a full tasting, we each got a glass of wine (I got apple, Jonathan got melon) and sat out on the patio. Not going to lie, I could have sat out here all afternoon! The rocking chairs overlooking the rolling hills full of grape vines made for the perfect peaceful spot to relax.

Next, we went to one of our all-time favorites, Bold Rock.


We each got a glass of cider (I got Virginia Apple, Jonathan got the IPA) and sat out on the deck to enjoy the beautiful views of the mountains. 

Last, we went to Devils Backbone Brewing Company. This one has been on my winery/brewery bucket list for a while, so I couldn't want to check it off!



I loved the campground/lodge atmosphere! How fun would it be to sit around that campfire on a summer night with a glass of beer and some live music?




As our appetizer, we got smoked deviled eggs. It was an interesting combination of flavors, but they were surprisingly tasty! For dinner, I got the macaroni and cheese with bacon, and it was as heavenly as it looks. Jonathan got the barbecue sandwich. Of course, we each got a glass of beer with our meals (I got the Gold Leaf Lager, Jonathan got the Wait, What?!?).

If you're not already convinced, I highly recommend stopping by at least a few spots on the Nelson 151 Trail if you're in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment