Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Repurposed Washstand

My fiancé and I recently bought a house, and I've been having so much fun decorating it! We lucked out because around the time we closed, my parents sold my grandparents' house, which meant I got my pick of their antique pieces to furnish our new house. This washstand is one of my favorite pieces! We turned it into a bar, and I couldn't be more pleased.


In the top drawer, you'll find our huge koozie collection. Anyone else have a ton of these? How do they accumulate so fast? My wine bottle bags/coolers are in here as well.

The second drawer has all of my wine accessories: glass charms, bottle stoppers, etc.

The bottom drawer has shot glasses. I also have quite the collection of those. #college

The cabinet on the right has our liquor bottles. I originally wanted to put wine bottles in here too, but I'm not sure what I was thinking because it wouldn't even hold a third of my stash!

Aside from having all of our drinking essentials all in one easy spot, my favorite part of this bar is decorating it for the seasons! I found everything red, white, and blue in our house to decorate for the 4th of July.

Cocktail Napkin Holder: Amazon
Blue Wine Glass: Dollar Tree
Wine Glass Tassels: Target (from the Valentine's Day collection)
Pom Pom Garland: made it myself

I'm looking forward to decorating it for the rest of summer (I'm thinking pink and green, pineapples, and flamingos!), football season, fall, and Christmas!

Do you have any special pieces of furniture in your house? How did you decorate for the 4th of July? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment