Monday, September 25, 2017

Wedding Inspiration

Give a Type A Super Planner a diamond ring, and look out! Like many girls, I've been dreaming about planning my wedding since before I ever had a boyfriend. I've always had an interest in planning events (sometimes I question if I chose the wrong career path!), and I'm a sappy romantic at heart, so I absolutely could not wait to start turning my dreams into actual plans once Jonathan popped the question. Knowing that I'm a planner, he proposed in November 2016, giving me a year and a half to plan for my dream wedding on June 16, 2018, which is also my grandparents' anniversary.

Let's be honest, lots of my plans are already done. I don't want to give away too much, but here's some inspiration I've been working with. To help you get the idea - the reception will be in a gorgeous barn with string lights and a beautiful chandelier.

Dark blue bridesmaid dress and bright pink bouquet. Such a gorgeous color combo! Most people don't realize that blush and navy make for great neutrals

wedding cake with peonies - photo by Melissa Biador http://ruffledblog.com/mixed-metals-wedding-in-la-jolla

Wedding Cornhole Boards

beautiful floral arch | Kristyn Hogan #wedding

yep, with a lantern and a pic of us

Cheers to Many Years and Cold Beers Can Cooler by goodmancodesign

Only 264 days to go! Save the Dates are just about ready to be sent out. Next up: choosing a cake and deciding on invitations! 

4 comments:

  1. Such great inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping it turns out as good as it looks in my head :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I love the navy dresses and lush pink bouquet! I'm sure your wedding is going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your engagement! those 264 days will fly by, even though it doesn't seem like it. we just got married in may this year :)

    ReplyDelete