Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Christmas Decor

Aside from gift guides, Holiday House Tours are one of my favorite things to see in the blogging world around Christmas time! As I've mentioned before, we've only been in our house for about six months now... but decorating it for Christmas for the first time was one of the things I was most excited about since we signed the closing papers!

Of course, the bar is my favorite place to decorate. I will automatically pick up any little trinket that involves Christmas and wine. I can't help it - note the ugly sweater wine bottle topper! I've also accumulated a collection of Christmas wine glass charms over the years, which I have displayed in the snowflake bowl I picked up from Dollar General. I got the cocktail napkins from the Dollar Tree and the "Merry" sign from Hobby Lobby. The silver and gold trees and the Santa decoration are from the Target dollar spot. I needed something with some color to put in the giant champagne glass, and these little light bulb ornaments from Target did the trick.


To add some Christmas cheer to our dining room, I filled my centerpiece platter with mini silver and gold ornaments and wrapped some garland around it. I also added the Joy pillow to the chair in the corner. I got the ornaments from Walmart and the rest from the Target dollar section (noticing a trend here?). Next year I'm hoping to get some Christmas placemats, too.


This manger scene was one that I got from my grandma's house. I wrapped some LED string lights around the top to give it a little something extra.


Since we don't have a mantle, we opted to hang our stockings on the counter that separates our living room and kitchen. Worked out alright for now! Our next house will definitely have a fireplace.


I had my heart set on some small Christmas trees in pots for either side of the front porch, but I had the hardest time finding them! I originally found the PERFECT ones in Walmart (a set of two for only $20!), but they were sold out. After looking everywhere, we ended up buying these two trees from Dollar General and wrapped lights around them. In the future, I'm going to try to put them in pots to give it a more complete look. We added some candles in the windows, and I'm proud to say that we were one of the first ones in the neighborhood to have lights up!


How do you decorate for Christmas? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment: