Thursday, June 15, 2017

Graduation Gift: College Survival Kit


I'm pretty sure gift basket giving is my love language. Instead of one big gift, I love picking up a bunch of little things to go together into a themed basket. With some inspiration from Pinterest, see here and here (are we following each other?), this is what I came up with to give my cousin for her graduation!

First of all, the basket is actually a storage container that she can use in her dorm room. The goodies inside include some tried and true college essentials: a white board, index cards, post-it notes, a water bottle, thumbtacks, pencils, highlighters, a loofah, an air freshener, easy mac and ramen noodles (Jonathan's contribution). I tried to stick with purple and yellow things since she's going to JMU! Also, I found all of these items at either Wal-Mart or Dollar General, and they were almost all under $3 a piece! After arranging everything in the container, I put it in a large clear bag, which I found as a two pack for $1 at Dollar General, and tied it with a bow and a note card with some inspiration. 

2 comments:

  1. Gift giving is totally my love language as well. I love that y'all included ramen noodles, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was necessary haha! Thanks for reading!

      Delete