Thursday, January 4, 2018

2018 Goals

Happy New Year, friends! I'm more than excited about 2018 because I'm getting married! Don't get me wrong, 2017 was a great year - we bought our first house, had our engagement pictures, and I got my very first niece. I'm so thankful for all of the blessings, and I'm looking forward for more to come.

Moving into 2018, there are a few things I would like to focus on:



Improve my photography skills
I got a camera for Christmas! I've been so excited to start taking pictures. So far, I've been practicing taking pictures of my cats - they make perfect models! I've been saving tons of photography tips on Pinterest and hoping to get outside to take some more pictures once the weather warms up.

Exercise at least twice a week
This goal has nothing to do with losing weight; it has to do with being healthy and reducing the risk of health problems when I get older. I don't have a gym nearby though, so I'm thinking about trying some at home barre classes.

Take more time for self care
Self care is so important in my job. I give and give all day every day, and sometimes I need a little treat for myself every now and then. I'm not talking anything big - this can be anything as simple as painting my nails, crafting, using my favorite sugar scrub that instantly makes me feel relaxed, and maybe even trying a face mask. I plan to do this at least twice a week.

Spend less
It's no secret that I love shopping. Now that I have added expenses of owning a house, I need to cut down on my fun spending. I've dedicated January as a no-shopping month, and I plan to do the same at least three more times throughout the year. This means no shopping for clothes, shoes, etc. - I'm not buying anything unless it's for our house or our wedding. Wish me luck!

Seasonal cleaning
Like spring cleaning - but once every season. I've gotten into the habit of cleaning out my closet whenever I have a break form work, which ends up being four times throughout the year. Now that i have a house, I plan to clean out every room, not just the closet, and donate things I no longer need.

What are your goals for 2018?

6 comments:

  1. These are all awesome goals (plus, isn't it just so inspiring to read other's goals?!) I have fitness on my list as well. We bought an elliptical for our basement, so now there's really no excuse to not use it at least a few times per week :) I'm also trying to listen to my body more when it comes to food-only eating when I'm hungry and drinking more water constantly.

    xoxo, SS


    Southern and Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous you have an elliptical! I'd love to have one if I had the space for it... maybe one day ;) Good luck on your goals!

      Delete
  2. Those are all great goals! I got a new camera lens for Christmas and really need to sit down and read some tutorials to learn how to get the most out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like fun! I already wish I had more time off work to sit down and learn more about mine... wishful thinking! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  3. I need to write my 2018 goals! definitely work out more, spend/drink less, and travel. you have a great year ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that I'm more accountable for my goals if I write them down! Happy 2018!

      Delete