Monday, July 10, 2017

OBX Beach Trip


To me, it's not summer unless I've made at least one trip to the beach. I don't mean some sand at the edge of the lake, I mean the ocean as far as I can see with the waves crashing in at my feet. This year, we went to our usual spot: the Outer Banks in North Carolina. It was a girls trip (the best way to go, if you as me!) to celebrate a friend's birthday. We had the best time!


On the way down, we always stop at Morris Farm Market. It's a huge place full of fresh produce, dips, sauces, cider... and free samples of just about everything! I highly recommend it. We stopped by the outdoor bar before getting back on the road, and we tried the sangria. What a way to kick off our trip!


Once we checked into our rooms, I handed out the party favors! The birthday girl's favorite color is turquoise, so that was the theme of the trip. We used these wine glasses (with flamingo charms!) the whole time we were there. They were stuffed with sea salt caramel chocolate truffles, in turquoise wrappers of course, along with fun straws and little umbrellas. They were a hit! Most of our time was spend on the beach, shopping, and eating. We even went wine tasting at the OBX winery.




The birthday girl specifically requested Bahama Mamas, so we went up to the hotel's tiki bar and got Hippie Juice, the next best thing!



We went out onto the pier to take in the views, and wow, were they breathtaking!


We had dinner on a rooftop bar, which overlooked the ocean. We saw the prettiest pink sunset!



The water was a little more rough on our last day, but it made for the prettiest under-the-pier pictures!

Needless to say, I wasn't quite ready to come home! Did you take a trip this summer? What's your favorite beach?

2 comments:

  1. A beach trip is always good for the soul! I love that feeling of the wind and the waves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's the best stress relief. Thanks for reading!

      Delete