Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Sunflower Picking

Nothing screams summer in the south (aside from the humidity) like a field full of freshly bloomed sunflowers! One of our favorite breweries, Lickinghole Creek Craft Brewery, has all you can pick sunflowers just about every summer. As soon as I heard they were ready for picking, we planned a trip!


We stopped by the bar and got a glass of beer, then spent the rest of our time out in the fields picking flowers and taking pictures.







If you're in the area, it's definitely worth making a stop! Be sure to wear closed toe shoes, lather on the sunscreen, and take some scissors. And take lots of pictures - you'll be glad you did!

2 comments:

  1. Fields of sunflowers are seriously one of my favorite parts about summer! One of our neighbors always does a huge field and if I get really lucky, my husband stops by and brings me some of his way back from work :)

    xoxo, SS

    www.SouthernAndStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It' one of my favorites too! That's so sweet of your husband - he sounds like a keeper :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete